Modification and Extension of Current Surcharge 1.9.15
Discontinuance of Service - Non-Payment
In accordance with Public Service Commission Leaf #4, effective 11/01/99, service may be discontinued under the following provisions, for non-payment of any amount due for water supplied, for failure to make any payment due under a deferred payment agreement or for meter repairs, for failure to post a required deposit or for failure to pay any fee or charge accruing under the contract or tarriff.
All past due amounts must be paid IN FULL by money order, cashiers check or bank check; no personal or business checks will be accepted.
Water service will be restored within 24 hours of receipt of payment in full.
An unpaid water bill becomes a lien on your property.
Discontinuance of Service - Other
In accordance with Public Service Commission Leaf #8, effective 11/01/99;
Service rendered under any application, contract or agreement may be discontinued by the company after reasonable notice for any of the following reasons:
1. For willful or indifferent waste of water due to any cause or for non-authorized use of water.
2. For failure to protect from damage the meter and connection, or for failure to protect and maintain the service pipe or fixtures on the property of the customer in a condition satisfactory to the company.
3. For tampering with any meter, connections, service pipe, curb cock, seal or any other appliance of the company controlling or regulating the customer's water supply.
4. For failure to provide the company's employees/agent(s) reasonable access to the premises supplied, or for obstructing the way of ingress to the meter or any other appliances controlling or regulating the customer's water supply.
5. In case of vacancy of the premises.
It is the policy of the Beaver Dam Lake Water Corp. (BDLWC), in accordance with the Public Service Commission Leaf #3 effective 11/01/99, to collect a security deposit from customers who make 2 late payments within 4 billing cycles. The deposit amount is based on a two month average bill.
BDLWC shall perform an annual review of the billing history of every customer who has a deposit with the company to assure that a deposit is still required and that the amount of the deposit conforms with the 2 month average bill. The company reserves the right to review the deposit at any time. If a review shows that the deposit held falls short of the amount the company may require by 25% or more, the company may require the payment of an additional amount. If a review shows that the deposit held exceeds the amount required by 25% or more, the company shall refund the excess to the customer.
Every deposit shall earn simple interest. Interest rate may vary. Interest will be paid to the customers when the deposit is returned.
A deposit or portion of a deposit plus interest thereon that is subject to return may be credited to the customer's account in the amount of any outstanding charges. If any balance remains, a refund check shall be issued.
Metered Water Service
The customer will provide a location for the meter acceptable to the company and will be responsible for the cost of repairing damage resulting from human interference, frost, backflow of hot water, or other such causes.
For questions or concerns regarding your water quality or service or to report a leak, please contact our System Operator, JCO Inc., directly at 845-888-5755. Calls are answered 24 hours a day.